For 100 years, CJ Brubacher Ltd. has been a dependable of HVAC, plumbing services, and electrical services. Recently we have started offering general contracting services for home renovations. Whether you want to remodel one room or update your entire house, you can turn to a name that you already trust for your home repairs and installations. Continue reading to learn more about the services we offer and how our trained tradesmen at CJ Brubacher can help with your next renovation project.
What a General Contractor Does
It is difficult to know how to find a contractor for home renovations when you are unclear about what a contractor actually does. Essentially, as part of our new general contractor services, we organize and oversee your entire project.
Here are some examples of specific responsibilities that we perform as your home renovations contractor:
- We fulfill all legal obligations, such as obtaining licenses and work permits
- We implement appropriate safety measures to protect workers as well as your family
- We set a master schedule
- We plan a budget
- We hire subcontractors as needed to perform electrical services, plumbing services, etc.
- We coordinate the project and facilitate communication among all participants
- We procure materials efficiently and make them available when needed
- We provide access to all necessary equipment
- We update you with periodic progress reports
Ultimately, as your general contractor, we are responsible for delivering the results you want, within the specified time frame, for the agreed-upon price. If something unexpected arises, we update you right away and work with you to modify your schedule and budget as needed.
What Renovations Add Value to a Home
When planning home renovations with us, there are a couple of things to consider: How the renovations will improve your quality of life for now and as long as you live in your home, and whether they will offer a good return on investment if and when you eventually sell your home. With our assistance, we help to balance these two considerations when deciding what renovations to have done. If you are planning to sell your home in the foreseeable future, you should give more weight to the question of whether the renovation will increase the value of your home, a question that we can help you answer.
Bathroom and kitchen renovations consistently rank as the remodeling jobs most likely to improve your home value.
- Installing new, efficient appliances
- Updating countertops or adding a kitchen island
- Adding or improving lighting
- Installing new cabinets
- Updating plumbing
- Updating plumbing fixtures (e.g., toilet, faucet, showerhead)
- Installing a new vanity or double vanity
- Converting from a shower to a tub or vice versa
- Improving accessibility (e.g., installing grab bars or walk-in shower)
- Installing task lighting
- Adding more storage
Other Renovations That Add Value to a Home
- Adding a deck: up to 85% ROI
- Replacing siding: up to 83% ROI
- Replacing windows or doors: up to 80% ROI
- Remodelling an attic bedroom: up to 76% ROI
- Remodelling the basement: up to 75% ROI